Friday, September 17, 2010

Error : reboot and select proper boot device?

There be a power outage in my neighborhood and when I get home my pc wouldn't turn on. I replaced the PSU and I obtain power, but now I catch reboot and select proper boot device I double checked to see if there is power going to my complicated drive...and as far as i can see, there's no connection from the PSU to it. I read that the error message could possibly tight it's not recognizing my concrete drive...could it be any other hardware problem? Like my hard drive is unresponsive?

Error : reboot and select proper boot device?

You say nearby is no connection from the power supply to the firm drive, well at hand has to be. The tricky drive gets it's power from the power supply. Plug contained by the four prong connector coming from the power supply and your computer will most probably work fine.



The ribbon cable is a communication cable, it does not power the hard drive.
NO OS. Reinstall OS.



Good Luck



:]
ya, it sounds close to your hard drive get hit. see if you can boot from a windows cd or w/e. if you can after i would assume your hard drive is no more. hopefully that's not the satchel though. good luck.
move about into bios and load default .. and maybe reset cmos first ..
GO INTO BIOS AND SELECT BOOT FROM HARD DRIVE


No comments:

Post a Comment