Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hard Drives Parallel ATA (PATA) and Serial ATA (SATA) interfaces???

Hi,

I enjoy a hard drive armour and I need to buy a concrete drive but first I need to find out if I necessitate a Parallel ATA (PATA) or Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive...

IS THERE A WAY I CAN FIND OUT?

Hard Drives Parallel ATA (PATA) and Serial ATA (SATA) interfaces???

You have need of to refer to you're main-board manuals to gross sure what you can add.

It might be mentioned on the main-board itself.

Open your computer box and track the nouns from your hard-drive to the main-board.

Look around the connection point on the main-board. It is usually mentioned near.

If it says SATA consequently you can go ahead beside a SATA drive. If not, then it's most probably the other one. In this satchel I would recommend referring to the main-board manuals in-order that you don't construct a mistake in buying the wrong drive :-)
Check your motherboard specs. You may know how to use either or both.
I'm assuming you be determined a portable hard drive valise. The SATA connector is very small, around 1/4 across, PATA connectors are about 1 across.


No comments:

Post a Comment