Tuesday, September 21, 2010

GeForce 4 MX440 video card sometimes won't display video on boot but I know XP is booting. What should I do?

It's on my 4 year outmoded system. This started happening a few months ago. Sometimes, it'll boot lately fine. Other times, the video won't be displayed but it passes the POST motherboard check (the 1 short tootle at the start ) and boot all the opening into XP (which I then hit the power button to craft it shut down).

GeForce 4 MX440 video card sometimes won't display video on boot but I know XP is booting. What should I do?

is the card pci or agp i would try going into safe mod and unistalling and later reboot and reinstall the drivers for that card . that card is old . i hold that card and i upgraded to a ati pci 9500 video card which has 256 megs of memory on it
it could be a few things .. from a poorly seated connector or card .. to a fritzy psu ... to a card thats going out ...to a corrupted system file somewhere .. to a bios problem ... but i would try driver cleaner pro and go back over the driver just to see ...


No comments:

Post a Comment